To get started, please send us the following:
1) Your logo in vector format (unless you ordered the logo design from the Quix extras)
2) Information on the existing brand identity (if any)
3) List of products for which you want to display the concept of packaging design. For one order you can specify from 1 to 3 products of the same type.
4) Dimensions, shape, and type of packaging or die-cutting in vector format for each product from the previous paragraph
5) Your preferences for packaging design - colors, fonts, the style that you like. Or examples of what you like
6) Mandatory elements and texts that must be placed on the packaging of each product - weight or volume of the product, product name, icons, warnings, marketing markers, etc.
7) Describe in detail the properties, functions, flavor, color, taste of each product, and everything you consider necessary to let us know before we start working on the design
8) Information on the price segment and target audience of the product, its competitive advantages over competitors
If you have additionally ordered the preparation of files for printing, then be sure to send us the correct blueprint / die-cutting of the package in vector format and the requirements for the preparation of files for printing from your printing house.
In this case, we can develop the concept of packaging design, but not prepare the files for printing.
To develop a design concept, we can take approximate dimensions.
With the final delivery, you will receive the source files of the packaging concept, which you can edit and resize to the ones you will need when you decide to print your packages and know exactly the correct size.
Or you will be able to transfer the correct sizes of packaging to us and to order service of preparation of files for printing.
You can order extras at any moment even after order placement. The list of extras will be available on the order page.
In this case, you can order additional revisions from the Quix extras or you can choose any of the previous design options and proceed to the next milestone (if any) or ask to deliver source files of the chosen option (if there are no further milestones).
In short, a vector file is the source file of any graphics created in Adobe Illustrator. Usually, the extension of a vector file is .AI, .EPS, .SVG
Vector graphics is the most common format used in design and printing.
A great advantage of vector images is scaling. Even if you scale, the image quality is not affected and will be in good quality. For example, the image in vector will look good, if you print it on a business card or a billboard.
PLEASE NOTE, that files with the extension .PNG, .JPG, .PSD (Photoshop) are definitely not vector files. These are bitmap or raster graphics.